Position Opens: 2020-04-02
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County is seeking a Safety Manager to implement and manage the safety program and other safety functions of the District in compliance with all facets of WAC, OSHA, WISHA, L&I and DOT safety regulations.
Education and Qualifications
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Utility Safety Professional preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in administrating, designing and conducting adult education.
- Demonstrated skill proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and SharePoint.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electric utility industry.
- Interpersonal skills including clear and concise communication both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable WAC, OSHA, WISHA, L&I and DOT regulations.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Rules, Washington Commercial Motor Vehicle Laws and Commercial Driver Rules.
- Working knowledge of ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, IEEE standards affecting the utility industry.
- Proficiency in performing accident investigations and root-cause analyses.
- Ability to identify deviations or infractions of Federal, State or company safety rules.
- Ability to apply federal, state and local environmental regulations, hazardous materials handling, project management, and contracting are required.
- Must possess and maintain a current CPR/First Aid Card.
How to Apply
An employment application and detailed job description are available at www.popud.org. Please complete the online application, including a cover letter, and resume. If preferred, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or, mail application materials to P.O. Box 190, Newport WA 99156 Attn: Human Resources.
Online Job Description - Safety Manager
Online Application - Safety Manager
Position is open until filled.
The Public Utility District of Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.