Position Opens: 2019-01-24, Position Closes: 2019-02-08
The District is accepting applications for the full-time position of Meter Reader, to work out of the Newport location.
Requirements include the ability to:
- Accurately read and record utility meter readings; perform meter change-outs as needed
- Use computerized meter reading equipment to collect/download usage data
- Perform locates of underground utility facilities (electric, water, broadband)
- Effectively communicate/interact with District customers and co-workers
- Work outdoors and independently, under a variety of weather, terrain and road conditions
- Demonstrate sound judgment when encountering pets, potential hazards or difficult circumstances
Successful applicants must have:
- Good familiarity with Pend Oreille County roads and geography is desired, as well as good organizational and record keeping skills
- A demonstrated stable and positive work history is required
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid state driver’s license and have a demonstrated good driving record
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please complete the online application referenced below, including a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. If preferred, you can email an application, along with a resume and cover letter, to: email@example.com; or, mail application materials to P.O. Box 190, Newport WA 99156 Attn: Human Resources.
Should you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lloyd Clark (HR Manager) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting rate of pay is $20.03/hr. + excellent benefits
This is a bargaining unit position, represented by IBEW Local 77
A pre-employment background check will be performed
Deadline for receipt of application materials is close of business on Feb 8, 2019
The Public Utility District of Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.