Position Opens: 2022-08-02
The District is seeking a qualified Energy Resources Manager at our Newport, WA headquarters to manage integrated resource planning, rates analysis and design; maintain planning models; acquire and/or sell long-term supply-side resources; optimize the long-term resource portfolio; influence regional and regulatory matters to protect or enhance the District’s portfolio value; and handle wholesale and large retail contract negotiations, implementation and administration. This position is also responsible for strategy development, power supply cost management and evolution and growth of the power supply department.
Successful Applicants Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, mathematics, accounting or related field and at least five years of progressive experience in the power/utility industry, reflecting an increasing scope of knowledge and responsibilities around power marketing, energy trading, risk management and/or closely related activities within a utility setting.
- A thorough knowledge of the electric utility industry, business and operations and understanding of FERC, NERC, BPA and state regulatory requirements and issues is necessary. Interpersonal skills including clear and concise communication both in writing and verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Access and Visual Basic.
- Thorough knowledge of electric utility operations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and outside agencies; use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information. The ability to evaluate interrelated systems, and integrate the District’s operations with outside utilities and power agencies. Is meticulous and detail oriented.
- Ability to use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information.
How to Apply
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.popud.org. Please complete the online application, including a cover letter, and resume. If preferred, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or, mailed to P.O. Box 190, Newport WA 99156 Attn: Human Resources.
Online Job Description - Energy Resources Manager
Online Application - Energy Resources Manager
Position is open until filled.
Salary range: $104,912 to $174,854, DOE, with an excellent benefits package.
The Public Utility District of Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.